Friday 12 October 2012

What's been going on?


I haven't wrote in so long. So much has happened the last few months, not all of it very happy news. But first of all I got accepted into College! Yay! I'm doing skincare and make-up and I can't even begin to explain how great it feels not being at home and doing something I enjoy. Being in college is just what I needed. Although I wish I hand't worn my hair up for my College ID photo, the crappy webcam makes me look like Sinead O'Connor, and not in the good days. I seriously cannot wait for my make-up kit to arrive and start practising on my mothers face against her will.

Today. I have waited for today for 5 long months. Rocking back and forth in anticipation in what seemed to be a dark, never ending abyss of nothingness. I was beginning to loose my mind, I was lost, confused and loosing all faith. But it came -THE VAMPIRE DIARIES SEASON 4 STARTED TODAY. AAAARGHHHH!!!!

On my health side of things... Last weekend I took a bad turn. So this Monday my Nanna and Grandad drove me to Liverpool as my parents were out the country. I am so grateful that they took me, but considering my Grandad's track record of life and death situations I was a little apprehensive about him driving to say the least, but eureka we arrived alive. The Doctor wanted me admitted but me being me I was having none of that of course. So we agreed to have 2 weeks of at home IV treatment. This week has not been easy. I've been unable to walk to my room so I've slept downstairs on the sofa and stayed on Oxygen. My cough has been so bad I've coughed until my my lungs have no air left and even then I carry on coughing unable to get a break to breathe back in. It can go on for so long it's scary and it hurts. BUT, today I have not used my Oxygen and walked around the house. I'm not 100% but I'm feeling so much better. Only downside is I'm coughing up a load of blood. But that's to be expected after the amount of strain on my lungs the past week. I think I'm over the worst though so I'm super relieved!

On a very sad note, on September 22nd my dear friend Lucy Wilton tragically lost her battle against Cystic Fibrosis at 15 years old. We talked so often about when she would get her shiny new lungs and how this time next year she could be outrunning her brother, ditching the wheelchair and just simply, breathe. She was so optimistic and bubbly that it didn't really sink in that this was only a possibility, an ''if the lungs came''. So last week Ceri and I took the train down to Birmingham so I could say my goodbyes. The funeral was beautiful, her parents Jo and Ryan did a more than exceptional job. She did have requests for her funeral if the time came and had her Dad dress up as Michael Jackson on the day. That was just so Lucy, she was always hilarious. We'd call each other fat cow insults but as neither of us could ever gain weight they were always compliments. A song that was played was ''Affirmation'' by Savage Garden. I think everyone should go and listen to the lyrics on it. I've had it playing non stop all week. I will always, always remember all the good laughs we had, and from now on I'll dance for the both of us. There will never be anyone like you Luc. Gorgeous, witty, One of a kind x

Luc's funeral in the Bham paper :

http://www.birminghammail.net/news/top-stories/2012/10/05/colourful-farewell-to-tragic-kingstanding-schoolgirl-lucy-wilton-97319-31969867/?fb_action_ids=472179636150148&fb_action_types=og.recommends&fb_source=timeline_og&action_object_map=%7B%22472179636150148%22%3A414647201923964%7D&action_type_map=%7B%22472179636150148%22%3A%22og.recommends%22%7D&action_ref_map=%5B%5D x

Please become an Organ donor. You have no idea how much this means. Be someone's hero.
Sign here : http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk/ukt/ x

No comments:

Post a Comment